English For All

University vs school

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: University vs school

Post by sith.julia on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm

[quote]You’ve got to be more independent in university. No mummy to cook you home-cooked meals every day

Back to top Go down

Post by lola on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Some students probably have to do their own laundry for the first time when they go to university cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by sandra on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Your timetable will be messy. Unlike school, your classes will be scattered throughout the day and truthfully, I hate it! I really miss those normal 8 am - 1 or 2 pm school hours. Now, my schedule goes something like this:

Monday
9 - 11 am – Class
4 – 5 pm – Tutorial
5 – 7 pm – Swimming
Tuesday
12 – 1 pm – Tutorial
5 – 7 pm – Class
Wednesday
8 – 12 pm – Class
8 – 10 pm – Class

Thursday and Friday are the same. Scattered classes throughout the day. Actually, mine isn’t so bad. There are some people who have classes the whole day, maybe from 9 am until 8 pm with one-hour breaks between classes. Yeah, that’s crazy, I know, but I think they are students from management school or the science stream people.

Back to top Go down

default University vs school

Post by myenglish on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:29 pm

The lecturers won’t spoon-feed you like how your school teachers did. On the first day of class, you’ll only be given the course outline and the reading list. After that, you’re supposed to find all the books in the list by yourself at the library.
Some lecturers won’t care if you don’t attend class or if you attend class late. However, if you missed 3 classes, then there’s a chance that you’ll be barred from sitting for the exams. And if you attend class late, then you’ll have missed what the lecturer covered earlier. They also won’t care if you understand the class or not. It’s up to you to go up to them and bombard them with questions. Some lecturers are happy when students ask questions. It’s a pity that most students choose to stay quiet when the lecturer asks, ‘Are there any questions?’

myenglish

Character sheet
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE:

View user profile http://english.your-talk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top